Thursday, July 12, 2012

Holiday Breathing

Just enjoyed a few days getting my breath back in the home of me - Hector. It's end of Term 2 and I chose to do a big brave thing and spend some days on my own @ #16  - just me with Mama and Papa. I felt scared, relieved, anticipatory, anxious and curious all at the same time. I took supplies and oxygen mask material and away I went. I was blessed with stunning weather which wasn't necessarily necessary but quite nice just the same. My first captured moment was the Ngakawau River upon my arrival home....

Therein and soon after came the continuation of this wee beach patch


Some days later I had the pleasure of being joined by my beloved cuzzbros from Tokoroa. Twoz a huge biggie for Rob who'd been with us several times over the past couple of years either to do with Uncle Dud being sick and dying or the same for Mum and Dad. So this trip was largely for both of us about reclaiming the space and taking another step towards creating this so-called 'normal'.

The most incredible Shepherds Pie concocted by the one and only Bazza helped us immensely.

Look at those dinky wee cherry toms and what a lashing of parsley we were blessed with from the Noelo's garden!

We did a few proverbials while we were there - collected truckloads of wood from The Point, trudged over to Gentle Annie with a beer at The Mohikinui on the way home. We called in to see Steve and Gaylene who were decidedly compromised healthwise so a fleeting visit was the best thing there.
See here the pix of GA and the view from S & G's






I missed out on enjoying time at The Leaner and was comforted with knowing that R & B were there representing us all and buying copious raffle tickets and winning summit - ho hum!

Since being back in Nelson I've stretched out my holiday in a similarly slothful mode. Bike riding with some nice sights,

walking, reading, lounging and enjoying stuff for me. A loaf of bread made headlines and Tortellina - the box on legs - endaevoured to muscle in on the scene - love her I do.

This pic is entitled 'Buxom Bread' by the way.
                                                                 
                                                                    Who da Sloth?                                                                                       Tortellina da Sloth!





No comments:

Post a Comment